Sport and Academic Athletes Professional Pathway
At Winstanley College we are proud of our sporting success and think it is important students play hard as well as work hard.
The Sport and Academic Athletes Professional Pathway consists of:
- Extended Project linked to Sport and Physical Education on a specific topic of your choice (accredited with UCAS points)
- Weekly sessions that include in depth knowledge and workshops on topics including delivering effective exercise programmes, Health and fitness, coaching principles strength and conditioning principles, sports psychology principles and careers in sport.
- An Opportunity for Work experience in a relevant setting
- Support with preparing applications
- Access to subject specialists
- A specialist mentor
- An opportunity for additional qualifications: 1st aid, Sports Leaders
- Opportunities to represent college in a wide range of sports in leagues and cups
- Opportunities to trial for County, Regional and National teams in a range of sports