Winstanley offers four specific careers programmes to support and guide students via a range of activities, talks, workshops and events.
HE and UCAS Many of our students go onto higher education. You will receive support from your personal tutor to help you through the whole process. Extra support is also given by Angela Gregory our Progression and Welfare manager, who you can contact in Guidance. To find out about how the HE programme is structured throughout the year, then click on the link here.(Careers Programme to be completed and attached later)
AEP – Apprenticeship and Employability programme Winstanley College recognises the growing trend of students considering a different pathway to the traditional university route. AEP is a bespoke programme which provides students with a greater understanding of the world of apprenticeships and employment. Students can opt into this programme which gives additional guidance in researching opportunities and preparing applications. Some of the features of the programme include:
- Exploring and researching new Apprenticeship vacancies
- Labour Market Information workshops to develop an understanding of the future jobs market
- How to sell yourself in interview, personal branding and MOCK Interviews
- Apprenticeship Information Week with Degree Apprenticeship providers
- Inspirational talks by industry experts across a range of local, regional and national sectors
- Themed Careers Fairs for a range of local and regional skills sectors
- Visits to Apprenticeship Roadshows
To see our AEP events scheduled for this year, download the Careers Programme here.
MDV Our Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science programme is an outstanding feature of the College. There are now more than 200 ex-Winstanley students studying an MDV course somewhere in the UK this year alone. Click on the link here or download the Careers Programme to find out more about the support available.
OXBRIDGE – The Winstanley College Oxbridge Programme is designed to give our students the best possible chance of gaining a place at Oxford or Cambridge University. Click on the link here to find out more about it or download the Careers Programme for an overview of this year’s schedule of events.