The College has a specialist Study Support Department to provide individualised and specialist support to students. Students can access this at any point throughout their time at Winstanley College. The College has a total commitment to ensuring students’ needs are identified and supported.
The range of support includes:
- One-to-one support with specialist teachers/study support mentors
- Small group out of class support with specialist teachers/learning support mentors
- In class support for students with specific needs
- Assessments for exam access arrangements, carried out by an in-house specialist assessor
- A well-resourced study support suite where students can work in a quiet area with appropriate equipment and software packages.
- Communication support workers (via the local authority) to provide support for deaf/hearing-impaired students
- Exploration of assistive technology to enable independent learning
- Regular training and updates for curriculum areas
And much more!
Study Support aims to help all students realise their full potential. If you feel that you need some help to develop your study skills, you can see one of our mentors. Our mentors can help you to improve the following skills:
- Essay planning
- Proof reading
- Revision planning / strategies
- Time management
- Organisation – files, workload
- Spelling strategies – helpful for learning definitions
If you have or are concerned about a learning difference, for example, dyslexia or dyspraxia, Study Support can help with screening and follow up assessment to identify appropriate support in the classroom and examinations.
How do I get support?
If you feel that you need support you can just call into the Library, speak to your Personal Tutor or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is Study Support?
The Study Support team are based in the Library, just ask any of the Library team for further details.