Menu
Chemistry 10

T Levels

Coming in September 2023 – T Level in Creative and Design Media, Broadcast and Production This is a brand new T Level qualification that is the perfect choice for anyone interested in pursuing a career in the media and creative industries. This is a full time course and is equivalent in size to 3 A Levels.

What are T Levels?

A T Level is a brand new qualification that gives you the opportunity to get a head start in the career that you want. The course focuses on vocational skills and can help young people move into skilled employment, higher level study or apprenticeships. 

T Levels are an alternative to A-levels and provide a real insight into the industry, giving you a chance to learn the skills that employers look for. 

What makes them different to A-levels?

T Level students spend 80% of their course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers are looking for. The other 20% of the course is made up of a 45 day work experience placement, giving you the chance to put these skills into action.

T Levels are equivalent to 3 A levels. 

What will you be doing on this course?

As a Creative and Design T Level student you will start to develop technical and practical skills from the beginning of the course, using our top of the range television studio, podcasting suite and digital camera equipment.

You will learn about the real media landscape, looking at different types of media organisations and how they finance their media content. You will become familiar with the workplace practices that are essential to safe and effective media and broadcast production and examine what it takes to become a successful media professional.

You will also participate in a 45 day industry placement which will give you the opportunity for you to put your core knowledge into practice and get ‘hands on’ experience in the sector!

Have a look at the video below to see some of the fantastic facilities we have and how you might be using them if you choose the T Level in Media, Broadcast and Production!

Where can they take me?

Your T Level will be worth UCAS points – a T Level Distinction* is worth the same as 3 A-levels at A* – and will be recognised by universities and other education providers. Therefore, you can choose to continue studying after completing the course if you wish.

If you are keen to move into skilled employment or an apprenticeship when you qualify, you will get a nationally recognised certificate showing the overall grade you achieved, detailing what you have learned on the course.  

For more information about T Levels, visit the government website.

T Level Website

Ask us about T Levels

Ask us about T Levels
  • *
  • *
  • *